Where is my Mixer Window?

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
charlesh

Post by charlesh » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:33 pm

Sib 5.2. Kontakt Player 2
There is no Mixer window in any score, new or old. In the Menu ALL other windows can be made to appear or hide, Mixer does not appear despite it is checked. Also the shortcut or click on it in the Taskbar does not bring Mixer up.

Sebasian

Post by Sebasian » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:16 am

charlesh wrote:There is no Mixer window in any score.
In order of risk:

1. Try a different screen resolution to see if you can spot part of the Mixer and drag it back into place

2. Invoke the Mixer from its shortcut or the Windows menu; press alt-space to bring up the window's menu, select 'Move' and then using the cursor keys move the window back into view.

3. Delete the Mixer window settings; Sibelius will then re-create the default settings:
For Windows the registry keys for all the tool windows are under HKCU\software\sibelius software\sibelius 5\preferences\preferences\ . If you are brave enough to edit the Registry, and know what you are doing and recognise the importance of real care when manipulating the Registry, then navigate to the Mixer and Delete. Next time you boot Sibelius the default Mixer settings should be restored.

The equivalent for Mac is 'Trash your preferences' and re-start Sibelius. This advice is given so often that I assume that if you have a Mac, that makes sense.

charlesh

Post by charlesh » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:41 pm

Thank you Sebasian,
Changing screen resolution I found the Mixer off the side. Dragging back and rechanging the resolution solved the problem.

gpopemusic

Post by gpopemusic » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:09 pm

This problem vexed me for a while. There is a very simple solution.

Download the demo version of Sibelius 5. Right click on the demo application and choose "show package contents." Do the same for the program you bought.

Open the "contents" folder in each, and swap the "components" and "frameworks" folders from the demo into the full version's contents folder.

Open your bought version of Sibelius 5 and the mixer will work.