instr. disappear from page 2

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
kraut

Post by kraut » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:14 pm

Help, I am going mad...

situation:
BigBand arrangment of two pages.

Problem1:
one instrument stave is not appearing on page 2 of my score. all the others are though.

Problem2:
how do i delete my second page or append a third one?

thanks guys!

Zapruder

Post by Zapruder » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:37 pm

#01.#
I assume the vanished staff has no music created on it. If this is the case, here is what you do:
- Select the whole score: Ctrl+A. The whole score is now in a double rectangle and all objects are blue.
- Go to Layout > Show Empty Staves ... (Or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+Alt+S)
- In the appearing window, select the instrument which you want to "re-appear".
- Click OK: The staff should now be visible again.

#02.#
I'm not sure what you want exactly. I suppose you want "more empty bars to create music". But you use the word "append", which in Sibelius means that you want to add a page from another file to the existing file.
I'll answer the first possiblilty because I assume that is what you want:
- Sibelius creates new bars and pages "as you go"
- Just for fun: select the last note on the last bar of page two of any instrument and hit R (= Repeat). Keep R pushed down and you'll notice that Sibelius creates new bars and pages as you keep creating new notes.
- If you want just to create empty staves (and pages), first hit Esc (nothing selected).
- Type Ctrl+B and keep these pushed down. Now Sibelius keeps creating new bars and pages, faster than the eye can see :lol:

Let me know if this answered your questions.

Zap
# I am NOT a "Professional Sibelius Trainer"
# Please state the Chapter(s) of the Sibelius User Guide you already searched in order to solve your problem.
# Remember that this is not an official Sibelius website.

kraut

Post by kraut » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:49 am

hey thanks a lot. I really appreciate it!
you solved my problem!