EWQL Play with Sibelius 6

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
JennyMagar

Post by JennyMagar » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:09 pm

Hello. I am trying to get Sibelius to see my EWQL Play versions in the Playback device and just can't figure out who to do it. The virtual instruments are all activated and I have the Play in the applications folder with each of the composer's edition that I have rights to, all those individual instruments are loaded up into the Play device from EWQL, but I can't get Sibelius to see them.My iLok key is in place.

My understanding is that the Play versions are supposed to make this an easy process, but I can't get it to work. My iLok is plugged in, I can hear the instruments when I open them from the application page. I found several videos, none of which can I follow since they are showing different screens and computers and editions. I also found the reference information in the manual, but it's Greek to me. I am using an iMac, OS X 10.6.8, 2.8 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3. I purchased this EWQL comper's editions with Play in July of 2011, so it's been over six months and I cannot use it.

Every now and then I have the time to see if I can get this to work. So far today I have watched more videos, loaded up a repair patch, and have been at this for about seven straight hours. I would very gladly pay a support person. I have advertised on Craigslist. I have submitted a ticket at soundsonline. I have emailed my Sibelius instructor and posted in my class chat room. I have interacted with several people from soundsonline forum who have been very helpful. This is not my first attempt, but I think I am close. Somehow, I am missing some step for Sibelius to see and use my fabulous instruments. Please, please can someone give me the secret. Thanks!

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:25 pm

Soundsets for EWQL are available from Jonathan Loving. A little googling should find them, they will let Sib work seamlessly with your libraries.

JennyMagar

Post by JennyMagar » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:22 am

Hello, andyg. I do have the sound sets from Jonathan Loving. And still had issues. BUT, they are finally showing up in Sibelius. This has taken many months to figure out. Anyway, I'm here now. Yea!! Now I just have to learn how to tame them. Thanks so much. I'm sure I could not explain to anyone how I finally made this work, but I got a lot of help from the soundsonline forum. I actually had multiple issues, but they all seem to be resolved now. Yea!