Define Tempo for Playback.

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:08 am

Hi,

I use Sibelius 3.1.3 (english version). I give a Metronome value (140) but the playback is less (little faster if I define "Presto").

If I set the playback to 141 (impossible to set exactly 140) with the tempo bar when it playback, it does play right at 141, but : when I quite Sibelius and re-open the scores, the value for the playback is again 107.

107 is olso the tempo when it playback on a web page with Scorch, and Scorch doesn't show the tempo bar to setting up the tempo.

Do you know the way to define (permanently) the correct tempo for the playback in Sibelius 3 ?

Thanks

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:57 am

Sorry, I turn on the sound and understoud imediatly. Playback give only bpm, of course 2/3 if set to 140 quarter notes at 6/8 ! and by default Sibelius make the quarter note without a point... (I was persuaded) so it is not the bpm. :) I've just adding a point and of course that's ok. That's my fault.

But do you know how to define that Scorch display a tempo bar to let people set the tempo when read and playback the score ?