Does Sibelius work properly with ProTools for anyone?

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
GMiller

Post by GMiller » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:28 pm

Does anyone successfully run Sibelius as a ReWire client with ProTools?
I have PT 7.3.1 and Sib 6.2.0 on a MacBook OS X.4.11. The frequency of glitches, crashes and sticky moments when I try running the programs together make it a pointless exercise and I've given up. By themselves they run just fine. Any suggestions?

dnuttall

Post by dnuttall » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:26 pm

GMiller wrote:Does anyone successfully run Sibelius as a ReWire client with ProTools?
I have PT 7.3.1 and Sib 6.2.0 on a MacBook OS X.4.11. The frequency of glitches, crashes and sticky moments when I try running the programs together make it a pointless exercise and I've given up. By themselves they run just fine. Any suggestions?
I have PT 9.03 + Sib 6.2.x on a MacBook Pro. I'm not sure I understand what purpose or how to run Sibelius as a ReWire client, but I'm more than willing to experiment and share results, publicly or privately.

Email me a phone number and best time to call and I'll be happy to experiment. I'm retired, so daytime/early evening is fine almost anytime.

Dave

JanMeiborg

Post by JanMeiborg » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:12 pm

Hi,

I'm at the very moment of joining these two programs.
Since they are from the same company (Avid) it should work!

my problem =
every time after opening Portools, I open Sibelius as well.
BUT: there is always this big low constant tone, even visible in the score.

what is it?

thanks, Jan