Music Font has changed to be unrecognizable

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
trombonenyc

Post by trombonenyc » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:07 pm

Hi,

I'm a newbie to Sibelius and a convert from Finale.

I did several arrangements and everything was fine. I didn't open Sibelius for a few weeks and when I came back to it the files opened and are unrecognizable. They play fine and sound exactly how I left the but it's as though the font is messed up. If I try to open a new file it appears the same way! I remember playing with the different fonts at some point to try different looks but I'm not sure what I changed and how to change it back!!!

By trombonenyc at 2011-08-22

As you can see from the screen shot it's as though all of the note heads are missing!!!

Thanks in advance

trombonenyc

Post by trombonenyc » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:56 pm

Solved it - but I'll leave the message up for anyone else that runs into the same problem. I believe it came from a later download of scorch duplicating fonts. Anyway here's how I solved it.

http://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpcen ... language=1

dcpoor

Post by dcpoor » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:12 pm

Hi. I have this exact same problem and I have tried all the suggestions in this article (552) but it did not help. I had been using version 6 just fine on my PC with windows xp, but the problems began when I just bought a new iMac. I installed sibelius 6 from my original DVD and when it ran the note heads and other symbols don't work properly. First I downloaded version 6.2 from sibelius but that didn't help. Then after I tried all the suggested fixes without success, I tried uninstalling it and installing a fresh copy straight to version 6.2. No luck there. Then I tried all the fix steps again, just to be thorough, and nothing. I don't know why mine isn't working, because on the forums it looks like everyone else has done just fine. Any suggestions?

Thanks!