Cannot open my from Sibelius 6 program only from folders

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
jimmykeys

Post by jimmykeys » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:40 am

Right now when I open Sibelius 6 and attempt to open a "recent file", I get a message "Sibelius cannot find the file". But when I go to the folder and click on the file, it does open. Does anyone understand how this has happened?

Rob M.
Sibelius Version: 2021.9
Operating System: Windows

Post by Rob M. » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:06 pm

jimmykeys wrote:Right now when I open Sibelius 6 and attempt to open a "recent file", I get a message "Sibelius cannot find the file". But when I go to the folder and click on the file, it does open. Does anyone understand how this has happened?
I'd expect that behaviour if you moved the file(s) or changed the folder structure that contains the file(s), or changed the default folder in which Sibelius writes its notation files. But if you haven't done any of those things, I'm not sure what to suggest -- other than possible corruption in the file allocation tables or other structures the operating system uses to point the way to the file. If that's a possibility, you might want to run whatever disk-checking utilities your operating system provides.

Making sure your backups are current would also be a good idea if file-system corruption is a possible issue. It can spread. Especially if your hard drive is dying.
Cheers...
Rob M.
------------
Sibelius user since Aug '08 (v5.x)
Now running Sibelius Ultimate 2021.2 on Win 10 Home x64 v21H1
AMD A10-5800K 3.8GHz APU on a Gigabyte GA-F2A85X-UP4 mobo; 8GB RAM; 2TB HDD