Sib. 7.1 -Parts a Jumbled Mess... HELP!!!

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
propertea

Post by propertea » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:46 pm

I have recently updated from Sib 5 to 7. I did so well working on a score that is my Master's Thesis. With the full score in Sibelius 7 I ended up having a problem where anytime I would edit a page break, the score would start collapsing on itself. If I selected "unlock formatting" the entire score would collapse onto one page (music on top of music on top of music).

I dealt with this by just keeping the page breaks that I had made in Sib. 5. Now I have a problem though. When I extracted the parts each one is all on a single page... just a jumbled mess of staves and notes. PLEASE HELP!!! I really need to get these parts to performers ASAP!

I've uploaded a screenshot of the cello part. I've tried optimizing and resetting the space between staves... optimizing helped a little, but page upon page of music was still laid together. Resetting returned everything to one page. ALSO... the document is ignoring my page margins. As I pull music down, it just goes off the page, rather than onto the next page.

Thanks for your help. Let me know if there is other information you need from me.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2012-03-11 at 10.40.46 AM.jpg
Cello Part
Screen Shot 2012-03-11 at 10.40.46 AM.jpg (117.21 KiB) Viewed 4953 times

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:04 pm

Too late to tell you that you should never upgrade/change OS etc while working on something as important as this.

I'd post this on the official Sibelius forum and be prepared to post the score. Someone will help you sort it out.

Andy

propertea

Post by propertea » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:54 pm

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, when I tried to post this to the Sibelius support site I couldn't access it because for some reason my Avid account has stopped storing my Sibelius activation code and serial number in the "my products" section of my account. Not sure why. I've sent them a message about this, but haven't heard back yet.

I upgraded because Sibelius 5 had started to frequently quit on me, and even to corrupt new saved versions of my scores. This bug is actually a far cry from the frustrations I'd been having (nothing worse than losing creative work).

If you have any suggestions as to what I might try, I'd greatly appreciate them.

-Curtis