VST recognition in Sibelius 7

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
gkklug

Post by gkklug » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:02 pm

Why isn't Sibelius 7 recognizing my EWQLSO VST as an available playback device? Details: I have the EWQLSO sound library on a separate hard drive installed inside my PC; the sounds load in EastWest's "Play" software, but are not recognized by Sibelius.
Thanks to anyone who can help.
Greg

hermitthrush

Post by hermitthrush » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:02 am

Hey. I just signed up for this forum this morning. I just recently began the steep learning curve of understanding Sibelius.
And although I don't have a direct answer to your question, I'm glad to pass on to you some similar answers I have come across.

My Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) is Reaper (search the web, you'll find lots of stuff on Reaper). It has a great forum, lots of activity; and beginners get their questions answered quickly. There's a large section for Sibelius on the Reaper forum. You might browse that, and perhaps your questions would be answered. It looks like your question has languished here since April. That's too bad. I'm amazed nobody has answered you.

Secondly, I have Native Instruments VSTis. I have been searching for reasons why Sibelius hasn't recognized those VSTis as well. The answer I found was on YouTube, two or three posts, from which I picked up the following: Komplete 8 (Native Instruments' VST package) has two .dll files - one for 32 bit and one for 64 bit - and they have the same exact name. So Sibelius is looking at the 32 bit file and discarding without looking further to the second file. This is just an example of what may be happening with your process.

If you browse YouTube, you might find an answer to your question as to why Sibelius is not recognizing you East West VSTis. Hope I've been of help.