Sibelius fails to start File permissions problem

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
sorinms

Post by sorinms » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:49 pm

Hi,

I have installed a trial version of Sibelius7 (latest one 32 bit) on Windows 7(64 bit) updated with the latest Microsoft fixes.
My problem is that every time I want to start Sibelius it displays this error message "There was a problem with file permissions" and after I click OK then it's gone, it doesn't start.
The thing is that it used to work but my computer crashed while I was using Sibelius, editing some sheet music, and since it fails to start as described above.

Could you please help me?
Thanks

bobp

Post by bobp » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:09 pm

Sibelius installs a 32 and 64 bit version.
The 32 bit version is in Computer/(drive where Sib is installed)/Program files (x86)/Avid/Sibelius 7/Sibelius exe.
The 64 bit version is in Computer/(drive where Sib is installed)/Program files/Avid/Sibelius 7/ Sibelius exe.
Right click the desktop icon for Sibelius/select Open File Location and you will see which version you are using. Go to the other exe (either will work).
If niether will open , you might try deleteing the whole thing and reinstall. Or just reinstall over the old installation
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop