Help! No playback sound in Sibelius 5

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
sandiemady

Post by sandiemady » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:14 pm

Hi

I am experiencing difficulty getting Sibelius 5 to play back through my audio interface (Roland Duo-Capture EX). It is fine playing back through the computer core audio when I select that option but not through the interface. The interface is listed and selected in the playback devices. I had previously thought that it was a compatibility issue with my old interface (Alesis IO2) that would be solved with a new one but no such luck. I also run logic pro 9 through the interface and the playback audio is fine. I have monitors plugged into the interface.

I am probably doing something silly but i can't for the life of me work out what.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. In low tech speak please!

Thanks

Sandie
Am using an imac 10.6.8
Sibelius 5.4

bobp

Post by bobp » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:20 pm

I don't remember 5 that well, but later versions have a path like playback/audio options. That window has a list of audio drivers.
Make sure you have the latest drivers for your interface. I know it is new it's manufacturers update stuff all the time.
Select the driver for you interface.
Restart your Mac.
Check the Sibelius manual and the device manual.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

sandiemady

Post by sandiemady » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:13 am

Thanks Bob. Drivers are current. The only options in the Playback Devices menu (which is the only relevant menu in 5) are the core audio or interface. Audio Engine Options tab within that window don't give any further options. Have checked manuals.

bobp

Post by bobp » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:05 pm

I have an old computer with 5 on it. I also have usb audio interface I use with my laptop because I broke the headphone jack.
I plugged the interface into the computer and let the drivers load. I had no sound from Sibelius.
1. Open Sib 5.
2. Open a sib file.
3. Go to Playback Devices. Select Kontak Player in order to use Sibelius sounds.
4. Select Audio Engine Options.
5. Select driver for my usb device. MME had lower latency than DS for this device.

Sound worked. This is as close as I can come to replicating your situation. You must select a driver from Audio Engine Options
Bob Porter

sandiemady

Post by sandiemady » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:24 pm

Many thanks for your help. I reinstalled Sibelius as it was clear things weren't as they should be and now all is fine.

bobp

Post by bobp » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:19 pm

Good to hear you are up and running.
Bob Porter

greentom

Post by greentom » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:31 am

Good to hear you are up and running.I reinstalled Sibelius as it was clear things .

rose61
Sibelius Version: Version
Operating System: Windows

Post by rose61 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:22 pm

This is as close as I can come to replicating your situation. You must select a driver from Audio Engine Options
:*RosE*: