Quickview doesnt work Sibelius 8

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
BerndA
Sibelius Version: 8
Operating System: Mac

Post by BerndA » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:08 pm

Hallo, why it is no longer possible to make a quickview (pressing space) with Sibelius 8 on the Mac? In Version 7.5 it worked.
I´ve read the reason is that there are two versions of Sibelius in the Program folder. But I only have one!
I hope I don´t have to wait for the next update...

Bernd

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:42 pm

I'd guess that there's a keyboard shortcut assigned to to the spacebar, but there again, you have a Mac and I never use them. Worth having a look, though.

If no-one helps here, try the official Sibelius chat pages.

frunee

Post by frunee » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:37 pm

Confirming this is broken on OS X 10.10.5 and Sibelius 8. I asked the same question here:
http://www.sibeliusforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=70556

You might want to vote on this bug report here: http://sibelius.ideascale.com/a/dtd/OS- ... ubmitted=1

Did you report this bug to Avid? There seems to be no way to report Sibelius bugs. Just a crappy on a per case (=pay) super expensive phone support. Pay to inform them about bugs their Quality assurance missed? Hell of a concept.

andyg

Post by andyg » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:07 pm

As I said - use the OFFICIAL Sibelius chat pages.

1) it's a zillion times busier than here
2) you'll get answers very fast
3) the Sibelius guys DO keep an eye on it - they do not come here

If it's a bug, you won't be the only person with it, and it will go on the list of things they have to do.

frunee

Post by frunee » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:14 pm

andy, no one ever did not say it was a bad idea to use the official forums, yet those are not completely open and there may be users prefering a free forum. so no need to SCREAM about it. also applying your logic, this forum here could as well be shut down.

I'm still happy it exists, so I use it (:

Feedback from Avid here: http://sibelius.ideascale.com/a/dtd/OS- ... 6735-22221

It's a bug, should be fixed in upcoming 8.0.1 release.

andyg

Post by andyg » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:58 pm

The Sibelius chat pages are completely open and free to anyone with a legitimate copy of Sibelius. So no problem, unless someone has a cracked copy. I can recall discussions quite some time ago saying that this forum was once the place where such users would ask questions. I couldn't possibly comment on that.

As for this forum shutting down, I think it probably will at some point. It's as quiet as a mouse, plagued by spammers from time to time, seems to have no Admin or Moderator input, and only and handful of people (perhaps as few as three or four) are answering questions. That's including me, but if people are going to complain at me for reminding them where to get much faster and more detailed information, maybe I won't bother in future. In fact you've probably made up my mind for me.

As for screaming, I hardly think that highlighting one word to stress a point counts. :)

BTW, there are bigger bugs for them to sort out than this one. Lack of Marquee Selection is perhaps one of the highest priorities, but I see no signs of Avid rushing to put out the 'regular' updates they promised. We live in hope, just as we hope they might take notice of the Ideascale requests!

frunee

Post by frunee » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:43 am

I have nothing against shutting it down. Who's the one deciding?

frunee

Post by frunee » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:02 am

And then, there was silence...

Fixed in 8.0.1:

http://www.avidblogs.com/sibelius-8-0-1 ... rovements/