Lost playback sound on only 1 piece - Sib 7.5

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).
abqtenor
Sibelius Version: 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by abqtenor » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:00 pm

I'm working on several scores, and have recently lost playback of Sibelius 7 Sounds from one of them. General MIDI still works. The configuration appears to be the same as the scores where the sound is working. The mixer shows sound being generated as I play the score, but nothing comes from the speakers. The only exception: a handful of random notes from one of the six instruments actually sounds. (That's about 10 notes from a 10-minute score.)

Any thoughts on where to start looking for a solution? Thanks!

bobp

Post by bobp » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:54 pm

In the mixer, check that the main and virtual instruments faders are up and that nothing is muted.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

abqtenor
Sibelius Version: 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by abqtenor » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:11 pm

Thanks for responding, bobp. It looks like the forum didn't take my update from yesterday, but briefly, I found I hadn't re-installed the Bass Clarinet patch when I installed Sibelius on a new PC. I found the reminder and the link in the Avid KB. Once I downloaded and installed that patch, all the sound returned.

So problem solved! Odd that a patch on one instrument would affect them all, but it does.