Audio Export Problem...

Use this forum for all hardware and technical related issues (i.e. sound cards, etc.).

Audio Export Problem...

Postby Saylor57 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:12 pm

I use NotePerformer and export audio a couple dozen times a day. A couple days ago Sibelius stopped exporting the audio. Instead of exporting a file it merely plays the score - which sounds fine - but nothing is exported. If I let it play to the end I receive a message that reads "MP3 conversion failed. Please check that a file with the name you have chosen is not open in another application and that you have permission to write to the chosen location." Choosing another file name doesn't help, nor does writing to another location, such as an external drive. So I don't think either suggestion in the message is the problem.

As far as I know, I haven't made any changes to the program or my computer, so I'm at a loss to figure out what is causing the problem. I use Windows 10. There was an update of some programs on my computer the day before the problem first occurred but the computer had already rebooted and exporting was working fine. So it doesn't seem like that is the problem. I checked to see if one of the updates was a Windows update, so I went to roll back the update but found the last Windows update was more than 10 days ago. So it seems it wasn't a Windows update that caused the problem.

Here are other things I've tried:

1) I updated from Sibelius 8.4 to 8.5. Nothing changed.
2) I re-installed NotePerformer. That worked long enough to export about 6 files then it stopped exporting again. I reinstalled again and it worked a few more times. After doing this each time I needed a file, this no longer worked after about the 4th or 5th reinstallation. So, that's a puzzlement.

Does anyone have an idea as to what might be causing this?

Thank you, in advance, for any suggestions.
Maurice Saylor
Saylor57

Re: Audio Export Problem...

by Sponsor

Forum Sponsor

Postby bobp » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:13 pm

Will Sibelius export a WAV. file? Will it export using Sibelius sounds instead of NP. Is the bitrate set properly?
Do you completely delete NP before reinstall.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop
bobp

Postby Saylor57 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:32 pm

When it's not exporting it won't export MP3 or wav. I am unable to try exporting using Sibelius sound as I don't have the virtual instruments loaded.

I haven't changed any of the export setting - bitrate and such. I tried the other settings and it made no difference.

I did not completely uninstall either NP or Sibelius when I reinstalled. That seems a good next plan of action if the problem persists.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Maurice
Saylor57