Playback of ornaments + hairpins

Place your wishlist here. Maybe the Sibelius developers will honor your requests.
TheXxxX

Post by TheXxxX » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:49 am

ALL ornaments should have programmed playback

ALL hairpins should have AUTOMATIC playback

Why should finale have these features?
Finished Transcribing:
Alkan: Grande Sonata Quatre le Ages, Le Chemin de Fer ;Rimsay Korsakov: The Flight of the Bumblebee; Johannes Brahms: Hungarian Dances no.5

Transcibing: Alkan: Comme Le Vent. Balakirev: Islamey

ctalcroft

Post by ctalcroft » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:05 am

Yes, I agree. This seems so obvious. Automatic playback of everything in the score seems like it should be a given.

Sibelius 6 fixes two of my biggest complaints about the program--the text snaps automatically into place (great!) and the program no longer defaults endlessly to pizz. if there is ANY pizz. anywhere in the score. That was the biggest time waster in editing, for me anyway. So, good job. But we need to have real feedback when it comes to dynamics. The score should playback as written.

ALSO

PLEASE, add an option to make the playback line more obvious and STOP the program from jumping (recentering) when you stop it from playing. Why does it do this? Over and over again, when listening and wanting to suddenly stop to make an edit, I have to go back and do it again, because you can't see the playback line and the score has shifted on the screen. Make it stay put!