Slurs beginning on grace notes

Place your wishlist here. Maybe the Sibelius developers will honor your requests.
phaos

Post by phaos » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:24 am

Unfortunately it seems to be impossible to create a slur going from the grace note to the "normal" note it is attached to. Neither does is work when you have a group of quavers starting with a grace note: the slur always begins a the first "normal" note. That's a bit annoying, because I had to drag about a thousand slurs manually to the grace note in my last piece of music.
I think that can't be too difficult to develop, so it would be nice to have this feature in the next version.

Thanks, Michael

Jeremy Hughes

Post by Jeremy Hughes » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:03 am

Hi there

Select the first grace note and type s. Then type [spacebar] if necessary to extend the slur. If you enter a slur by another means and it attaches to the main note rather than the grace. Select the left-hand end and type shift-[spacebar] to move that end to the left.

Hope that helps

Jeremy
music editor/engraver
iMac Intel 2GHz 2GB | OS X Version 10.6.5 Snow Leopard | Sibelius 6.2

phaos

Post by phaos » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:26 am

Ah thank you, it worked indeed. I used to select both the grace note and the normal note before hitting "s", and that didn't work.

Bye, Michael

waleedi

Post by waleedi » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:02 pm

Select the first grace note and type s. Then type [spacebar] if necessary to extend the slur. If you enter a slur by another means