Forum Users

Give us your opinions on the forums here. Request features or discuss problems about the forums
jayendra

Post by jayendra » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:56 am

Is it just me or is this forum a dinosaur - theres never anyone on to answer questions.

Noobie007

Post by Noobie007 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:53 am

It must be your timing. I'm new here and have had answers to many questions (thanks Sebastian!!)
Mike

frunee

Post by frunee » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:33 am

Since the official forum is only available with registration and very detailed personal data and strict product registration and I don't like that police state-attitude in the UK at the moment, I ended up here. You can still read their forum as a guest, but can even perform a search.

It seems Daniel Spreadbury (of sibelius) is here occaisionally and his signature directs user at the official forum. See here for example: http://www.sibeliusforum.com/forums/vie ... php?t=4246

I take my hat off to Sebasian, who has been very helpful on severeal questions I have had and his general contribution to this forum is amazing.

I'd love to see some statistics (registered users/ posts made per month and so forth) for the last 2 or 3 years. Because I have the feeling sibelius community must be begrowing somehow since the software has become useable over the last few years. thinking back to verion 2 gives me the shivers ;)

So, keep up the work, a facelift for this forum wouldn't hurt, but the admins are very quiet and don't post a lot of updates about what's happening on the inside of this forum. (see announcements-section: it contains 3 (!) posts over the last 10 years or so.

frunee
Last edited by frunee on Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

frunee

Post by frunee » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:20 am

peep.

echo echo

anybody here?

Jeremy Hughes

Post by Jeremy Hughes » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:40 am

I think you should register at the official forum - presuming that you're not running a hacked and therefore illegal copy of Sibelius.

Sibelius only asks for as much information as necessary to make sure that users are running registered copies of their products. In my view that's not a police state.

In any case, the help at the tech support forum is generally quicker than here, because of the larger community of users, and we have direct and usually daily access to Daniel Spreadbury, who is the Senior Product Manager at Sibelius. Seems odd to deny yourself this help.

Jeremy
music editor/engraver
iMac Intel 2GHz 2GB | OS X Version 10.6.5 Snow Leopard | Sibelius 6.2

frunee

Post by frunee » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:29 am

I can't have any fance avatar in the official forum and I believe in open participation. E.g. if I want to I can participate in the finale forum. This is not possible with sibelius if you don't have a license. Why?

Anyways since I'm quite happy with this forum here and sometimes answer my question myself I still find it a great resource. Which leads me to the next problem with the official forum - I hate that structure: is there any at all?

So when I come across any question I'll post it here and occasionally someone (maybe me) will answer it and if anybody else ever comes accross the same question and googles it he/she might stumble upon the solution available right here.

Great stuff.

Rachmaninoff

Post by Rachmaninoff » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:10 am

There are some great guys on this forum.
And here I feel more "freedom", as frunee pointed out.