eighth note to right barline spacing problem

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
rodarym

Post by rodarym » Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:58 am

Hi,

I currently face a problem with the spacing between unbeamed eighth note with the stem up and the right barline being too close to it. With the note in such a position, the curly part on top of the stem is on the right side and already partly inside the next bar.

This situation occured after using the 'make into system' tool. Having done this, the barlenght is reduced, but still reasonnably long enough to nicely fit all the notes. The only solution I found up to now is to move the barline one by one with the mouse but it can be tedious.

Does anybody knows any simpler solution using note spacing rules or any other feature of sibelius? I tried all what sounded logical to me but without success.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Marc (French: sorry for my poor english to describe the 'curly part of the eighth note')

julio

Post by julio » Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:33 pm

Salut Marc

Sometimes Sibelius can put you in silly situations like this. I have four suggestions which may or may not help:

1. Layout-Reset Note Spacing (I guess you've probably tried this one) - this may put things in the right place.

2. Drag the barline around - it won't move but everything else will.

3. Drag the offending quaver itself around.

4. Decrease the overall 'Staff size' in the Layout-Document Setup page. (Default is 7 - maybe try 5.5 or 6?)

If these don't work, you could email me the problem area of the sib file and I could have a look at it for you.

Amities

julio

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:23 am

julio wrote:Salut Marc

Sometimes Sibelius can put you in silly situations like this. I have four suggestions which may or may not help:

1. Layout-Reset Note Spacing (I guess you've probably tried this one) - this may put things in the right place.

2. Drag the barline around - it won't move but everything else will.

3. Drag the offending quaver itself around.

4. Decrease the overall 'Staff size' in the Layout-Document Setup page. (Default is 7 - maybe try 5.5 or 6?)

If these don't work, you could email me the problem area of the sib file and I could have a look at it for you.

Amities

julio
Hi Julio,

Thanks for your answer.
I already used these four methods.
'Layout-Reset Note Spacing' gives no result.
'Drag the barline' is OK but takes times if I have many bars with this problem.
'Drag the quaver' does not work as the barline is on its right side and moves with it thus keeping the spacing constant.
'Decrease Staff size' is not what I whish.

I thought I could force the minimum spacing between the last note in a bar and the next barline, but maybe it's not possible.

I'll try to send you the sib file as soon as I'm home ;-)

Amicalement.
Marc

rodarym

Post by rodarym » Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:31 am

Hoops,

The last reply above is indeed mine. I simply forgot to login :?

Marc