Engraving rules...

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
Peter

Post by Peter » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:26 pm

LS.,

is ther a way to let my changed Engraving rules apply to all new scores? It seems as if I have to adjust them every time again.

Thank,

peter

Lurker

Post by Lurker » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:44 pm

Peter wrote:let my changed Engraving rules apply to all new scores
Use:
House Styles > Export House Style
and:
House Style > Import House Style
for the new scores

You can export many categories of settings as a House Style. Then you can import some or all of these settings into a different score. There are some restrictions, but in general this feature works as you would expect.

You can also save the entire setup as Manuscript Paper. When you've finished changing your settings, make a new copy of the score under some general name ("Symphony" or "Large Choir"). Delete all the notes etc until you just have blank pages. Save again at this point. Then use File > Save as Manuscript Paper.

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:34 am

OK., going to try that, thanks again!

peter

Lute100
Sibelius Version: 6
Operating System: Windows

Post by Lute100 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:04 pm

Make yourself a file of blank scores of the various layouts you are likely to use, and these can be your template manuscript papers. e.g. one could be a single line, another for duets, a three line version for trios and so on, also things like melody and piano or whatever else you need. To start a new score simply make a copy of the appropriate manuscript document and use that. This keeps the settings as you want them, so you don't need to change anything.