Drums notation

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
Big Al

Post by Big Al » Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:30 pm

As a beginner the drum map I select and save does not override the existing one on the drum stave. For instance where I have designated a cross=hair for cymbal say on the F line, when applying to the score I only get the old sound (tom tom).
In short, how do I get the keypad to give me a cross hair or get the stave to recognise the drum map I have set up.

Lurker

Post by Lurker » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:09 am

Big Al wrote:how do I get the .... stave to recognise the drum map I have set up.
If you gave the new map a name (ie. used NEW not EDIT), did you do a Staff Type Change to tell Sibelius which drum map to use? The name of your new drum map should appear in the list of Staff Types and you insert the change before the first note or first bar of the stave.

If you didn't give it a name ( a frequent mistake) it will have the same name as the one you modelled it on, (e.g. "Drum Kit") so choose the lower one in the list

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:54 am

Thanks for that info. I have since found that selecting notes in Properties enabled me to get the cross-hair symbol that I needed the stave to accept but your suggestions are very helpful thanks.

Big Al