Sibelius First-How to input ornaments like turns and mordent

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
amxmp1

Post by amxmp1 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:50 am

Could some one tell me how to insert ornaments like turns and mordents and trill in Sibelius First? Also articulation markings like marcato.
MP

Jazzlover

Post by Jazzlover » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:25 pm

I would be grateful if someone could explain exactly how to use the short-cut Z to input a mordent as it is not working for me. (Sibelius First version 6). Mordent is not in the lines menu and I cannot find a symbols menu.

Jazzlover

Post by Jazzlover » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:57 am

Thank you - you might well be correct that I need the full version. However, I would be very grateful if you could explain exactly how to use the shortcut Z so I can be sure I'm not just doing it wrong, and also how to look for the Symbols menu which I can't locate (perhaps it doesn't exist in Sibelius First but I want to be sure).

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:15 am

Press Z, that's the shortcut for the Symbols Menu - unless you have been altering the shortcuts.

That brings up a whole selection of symbols, at least it does on the full version. It might be that you don't have this in First.

If not, and if these things are important or vital to you, then you will have to upgrade to the full version.

Upgrades will now no doubt be to version 7. The interface for this version has major differences to 6, so be prepared for a learning curve! Plenty of help is out there, but you'd be advised to start looking at the official Sibelius forum as well as here.