Chord Symbol problems

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
jharsh

Post by jharsh » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:33 pm

I'm making a leadsheet using Sibelius 6.2 with the Inkpen typeset, and some of the chords are ending up red. For example, when I type in Dbadd9b13, it comes out DBADD9B13. I believe I'm spelling the chord properly - I just want the triad with the 9th and b13th added, no 7ths.

Even some of the more conventional chords come out red (EbMaj7). Any ideas?

Thanks much
jharsh

nunomrsilva

Post by nunomrsilva » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:42 pm

Well, this is not a solution but a workaround. In Sib 7 there is an option to use "Legacy Chords" instead the normal use of inserting chords. That options is in the preferences.

The result is accepting all chords without exception (they dont turn red, and when transposing it seems to transpose ok).

Try to see that in preferences ;)

Romain

Post by Romain » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:28 am

Hello,

I have kind of the opposite problem since a while... When I enter a chord symbol (the usual way as it has always worked), It doesn't convert automatically in the standard notation anymore. For example, if I enter Ebdim7, Sibelius won't write Eb°7 instead... (and when I write this kind of dot in Sibelius, it appears way to big, so it's a real issue for me!)

Do somebody knows how to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot

Romain

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:52 pm

The options for this are where they always have been. Engraving Rules > Chord Symbols. (Found in the Appearance tab in Sib 7's ribbon).
You can select how Sib displays what you type in for chords like diminished 7ths etc.

Romain

Post by Romain » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:07 pm

Thank you for your answer, but nothing has changed in the engraving rules menu, so I still got this issue. It's like I'm just writing some basic text instead of a chord symbol... (Even if "Chord symbol" is selected in the text menu, that's why I really don't understand...)