Need help with guitar chord diagrams

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
JazzGuy35

Post by JazzGuy35 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:02 pm

Hi all, new user considering Sibelius for my notation needs. Just downloaded the trial version and going through some of the tutorials. So far so good, except that I'm having a lot of trouble understanding the workflow of inputting/saving/recalling guitar chord diagrams. I used a program called MusEdit in the past and while it was very buggy, it had a superb chord diagram function which allowed me to work quickly. If anyone here used that program, then you know what I'm talking about. But that program's development ceased years ago and the bugs are too difficult to work around to get work done. Since Sibelius now supports storing user-defined chord diagrams, I thought I'd give it a try. Is anyone on this forum very experienced with this feature in Sibelius?

bobp

Post by bobp » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:10 am

This might not be much help. I haven't worked with diagrams in Sibelius. However this type of thing is covered in the manual and might not be in a tutorial. You are probably working with 7.5. I think my 7.1.3 should be the same. In the ribbon go to the text tab. Towards the right is a guitar chord diagram. Select the arrow below that and an edit diagram window opens.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop