Outsider looking for help

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
Animare

Post by Animare » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:59 am

Hi all,

First off let me just say I am here as someone who has no idea about music/digital music creation. I have read as much as I can and my questions here are to confirm that I have the right understanding. Please be patient with me.

The situation is, I have bought Sibelius 7.5 for my girlfriend, who uses the software. I love the stuff she creates, however, it does sound like something from a 90’s video game. I have been getting her to help me develop some scores for some animations I have been working on (I am a 3D hobbyist) and while she has a great composition, I want to find out how to enhance the quality of the sound.

She does not know how to create music apart from Sibelius digitally, so getting a DAW and re-doing everything would be kind of hard. So basically I have some questions and want to make sure I have understood everything correctly.

1. Sibelius is not supposed to have amazing sounding instruments as it is just a tool for composting, OR maybe I haven’t activated something or am using a wrong soundset? Is this statement correct.
2. I have read about soundsets and sample libraries. For example, EastWest or Komplete 9 Ultimate have sample libriraes that can be plugged in but there is need for a Soundset which makes the two talk together? Is this correct. I have been looking at East West and Komplete libraries so far, I have about a $1500 budget to try and enhance the sounds, so I want something decent but affordable.
3. What is the best workflow, or is such a workflow possible, where you compose in Sibelius while plugging in High quality sound libraries and it pretty much becomes a one stop shop
4. If not is there a way to export it and get a DAW to all all the enhanced sounds
5. Does Sibelius only use Sample libraries, or can a VST instrument be used as well and does that still require a soundset? (or have I mistunerstood this at all)

Would really appreciate some help.

Thank you

bobp

Post by bobp » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:19 am

I have seen and answered your post on the Sibelius Help Forum.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop