Paste selected notes onto an entire new staff

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
Muggsy

Post by Muggsy » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:09 am

Hi everyone

First post! Thanks for this forum which looks friendly and pretty useful.

Here is my issue: I have selected diverse notes of an instrument's staff with the Advanced Filter, and would like to transfer them onto a new one, at the exact same position. This to allow a better programming later on in Pro Tools after a MIDI export.
After having those notes selected at diverse moments on the original staff, when I Cut (/copy) them, then select the entire new staff and Paste, it does not work and suddenly shifts the view to the end of the new staff.

I have seen a video where this seemed very easy to do, can someone help me?
Thanks!!!
M.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bobp

Post by bobp » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:42 pm

I've never done this before, so I gave it a shot. I'm not sure what you were trying to do, but here is what I did and the result I got.

This was a simple test. I selected a few measures. Using Advanced Filter set for Selection, I filtered for G4. Ran the filter and all G4s were blue. I hit ctrl+c, then created a blank measure at the end of the piece. I selected it and hit ctrl+v, and the G4s appeared just as they do in the original measures.
The manual says this works for all kinds of objects. This seems pretty handy as long as it works. If nothing else, thanks for pointing it out.
Now, lets see it we can get it to work for you. I guess we need more detail on what you need to do.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

Muggsy

Post by Muggsy » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:45 am

Thanks bobp

As written above, I had tried all this copy (or cut)/paste thing, spent hours trying to make it work...
And now surprisingly when I do the exact same thing it works!!! :D

There may be a simple explanation, but well I'm used to see strange things happening when it relates to IT.
Sorry for the people having the same problem who read this post, if I find an explanation I'll post it here for sure!

Best,
M.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: