Deleting unused stave at the end

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
karl28

Post by karl28 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:18 pm

Hi,

I'm using Sibelius 7 on Mac and what I'm wanting to do is delete part of the stave at the end of a piece.
Say for example I have 4 bars on each stave throughout the piece apart from the last stave has 5 bars. Instead of squashing 5 bars onto one stave or having one bar across a stave I used to be able to cut the stave after the first bar.
I can't figure out how to do this in version 7 so I'm currently adding 3 bars on the end, and hiding the bar lines etc.

Thanks,

Karl

bobp

Post by bobp » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:25 am

Does selecting the measures you want to delete and pressing Cmd+Delete, work?
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

karl28

Post by karl28 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:53 am

Hi Bobp,

Thanks for your reply. That does delete the bars but what I'm trying to do is say for example on a piece of manuscript paper, you had a whole stave empty apart from one bar at the beginning, you could physically tippex out the rest of the stave (not that I would).
On previous versions, you could delete any used bars as you suggested (which I do) but also get rid of the rest of the stave.

As far as I can remember, I would right click just to the right of the bar, and click a couple of things which would allow you to delete the rest of the empty stave but can't figure how do it on version 7

I've tried to imitate an example in the attachments by using Paint, as I'm currently at work.

The 1st example shows what you could do in the earlier version (delete unused stave).

Hope someone knows the answer to this :)
Attachments
Manuscript 2.jpg
Manuscript 2.jpg (13.76 KiB) Viewed 4693 times
Manuscript.JPG
Manuscript.JPG (13.97 KiB) Viewed 4693 times