Double notes!?!?!?!

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
zicktom

Post by zicktom » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:42 pm

Hi,
Why does Sibelius suddenly start putting down double notes while I'm inputting music?! I play a quarter note and, where it usually leaves a single note on the staff, now it leaves two notes next to each other, touching. I can go back and delete the unwanted note, but I don't want to do that for an entire song! Either I've set off something accidentally, or something is wrong with the program. I can't play a note without a double note showing up on the screen!!!

Has anyone ever had this happen? How do I stop it?

By the way, I can't find a way to email Sibelius directly for questions like these. Don't they have any tech support?
Thanks for any help!
Tom

zicktom

Post by zicktom » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:43 pm

It's me again. After trial and error I found one way to get rid of the double note function. It's the old story of turning it off and turning it back on. I turned off my electronic keyboard. Waited a minute then turned it back on and selected it again with "Input Devices". It stopped giving me double notes.
Tom

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:02 am

You do know that:
1) you gave to pay Avid for support?
2) this is not the official Sibelius forum?

There are currently maybe just two or three people answering questions here. Try the official forum

This forum won't let you insert links, so you'll have to Google it.

You'll get better support there than here - or from Avid!

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:03 am

Ah, I see from a question on the the official site - answered in 9 minutes! - that you have found it! :D