Aligning Notes From Different Voices

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
Quiet
Sibelius Version: 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by Quiet » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:03 am

Hi -- Just getting started with Sibelius and I'm having trouble with this bar. Specifically, I want the grace notes on Voice 2 and the two notes they're tied to, to be under the third A in Voice 1. Yet I can't seem to drag them to the left to align them. Actually, I can drag the grace notes, but when I try to drag the the regular notes of Voice 2, the last two A's of Voice 1 get dragged as well. That makes a complete mess. What am I doing wrong? Also, the playback seems to mimic the layout such that the grace notes and the regular notes they're tied to don't play when the third A of Voice 1 plays. They're delayed a bit too much. Help?
Attachments
bar.png
bar.png (15.64 KiB) Viewed 4397 times

Quiet
Sibelius Version: 7.5

Post by Quiet » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:43 pm

If any one cares, I re-inputted the measure and the problem went away.

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:23 am

There are only 3 of us on here answering questions at the last count! And we're not here all the time, but we do try to help.

just remember that this is not the official Sibelius forum, a search for Sibelius Chat Page will get you there.

One bit of advice - try very hard not to drag anything, notes, barlines etc, unless there's absolutely no other way. The X parameter is the way to move notes, for example.

You could possibly have simply selected the bar and used 'Reset note spacing', which would have undone any unwanted effects of note dragging.