Erase background behind tab numerals

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
Quiet
Sibelius Version: 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by Quiet » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:07 am

Hi -- I'm trying to erase the tablature staff line that goes through tab numbers in Sib 7. The manual says how to do it but when I try it, it doesn't do anything. Here's what I'm doing:

1. I open my score which contains a tablature staff with notes on it that have the staff lines going through them.
2. Starting on the Text tab I press Ctrl-Alt-Shift-T to get to the Edit Text Styles form.
3. I scroll down the list of styles and I select "Tablature numbers".
4. I click the "Edit..." button.
5. On the style editor form, I click on the Border tab.
6. I click the "Erase Background" checkbox.

I click OK to go back to my score and nothing changes. What am I doing wrong? Is it not possible to edit a style and have those changes be reflected in the current score? Confused.

KJ_Palmer
Sibelius Version: 6.2, 7.5

Post by KJ_Palmer » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:51 am

Not sure - I had a quick look this morning at some of my scores with Tab, and they all have the lines not going through the numbers. I couldn't replicate the issue, or change things to make the lines go through, so i don't know, maybe it is fixed. Will try again later (after work).

Just to state the obvious, but did you select the bars on the Tab part of the score first?
Sibelius 6.2, 7.5.1, Windows 11

Quiet

Post by Quiet » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:56 pm

Nothing wrong with stating the obvious here since I'm new to Sibelius. But I tried selecting a tablature measure first and then changing its style... it didn't work. Staff lines still go through the numbers. I also tried increasing the size of the background just in case the default of 30% was too small based on the font I'm using. That still didn't work. I also tried circled and boxed numbers... still nothing. I must be doing something wrong but I don't know what.

Quiet

Post by Quiet » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:16 pm

Update... it seems that I'm able to erase the background but only for new notes that I enter. Now I just need to figure out how to apply a style to pre-existing notes.

Quiet

Post by Quiet » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:12 am

Figured it out (with help from a Sibelius blogger)......

Thanks Bob!
Attachments
solution.png
solution.png (216.99 KiB) Viewed 5242 times