Sibelius 7 system requirements

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
jamerson
Sibelius Version: sibelius 7
Operating System: Windows

Post by jamerson » Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:31 am

Greetings to all,
i am trying to install sibelius 7 on my pc but there is a error message appearing when i start installation:
the message is "This program requires windows NT version 6.0 service pack 2 or later"
My system is windows XP Service pack 3 so.......why is it necessary NT?
May you help me?
Many thanks in advance!!

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:52 am

Because XP is based on NT.

Sibelius 7 should install on XP, with Service Pack 3.

First, ensure that XP does have all the SP3 update installed. Second, don't install Sib 7. Install 7.1.3 instead. That's a free download for all legitimate Sibelius owners, available from the Avid website. I can't put links on here, so you'll have to Google it.

If you still have problems, you could try the official Sibelius chat page (I've no doubt the issue would have been solved there before now) or even phone Avid direct.

jamerson
Sibelius Version: sibelius 7

Post by jamerson » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:31 am

Thank you very much!

JasonMason
Sibelius Version: 7.1

Post by JasonMason » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:37 pm

HI,
I also just installed to XP SP3 <Sibelius713b77.exe>. It authorized and seems to "launch" OK...but prior to opening fully MESSAGE:
ERROR 40207. There is not enough memory available for task. Quit 1 or more apps to increase available memory. (MMSYSTEM/OUT)
There are no other applications opened. I built the system and can not remember whether there are 4 or 8Gigs of RAM. I am
"stumped".
It occurred to me that I have left a prior version of Sibelius ver 3.1?? . So both are currently installed on this particular partition.
PATHS differ> The Paths are Default PATHS: Could there be some conflict here. I really like to use earlier versions while learning
newer ones...it helps to compare them and it helps when I system is nonfunctional. One has a "spare". With separate PATHs I would
not expect a registry problem.

Any answers would be appreciated.

Jason