Need To Set Up Short, Separate Pieces Within A Score....

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
Rodan
Sibelius Version: 7.13
Operating System: Mac

Post by Rodan » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:08 pm

Hello,

I frequently need to set up short, separate pieces within a score. Currently, I'm creating musical cues for an awards ceremony. The music consists of short, repeatable loops (8 - 16 bars in length) for play-ons and play-offs. Each piece is titled and numbered separately, so that I can quickly cue the musicians to play the correct piece as each award is announced. And, since each piece is a separate loop, there will be repeat signs at the beginning and end of each loop.

Of course, each piece needs its own key signature and time signature. I'm trying to have each piece exist as a standalone song, so I don't want to have cautionary time and key signatures at the end of the preceding piece, or preceding the following piece. I've played with the "allow/don't allow cautionary" settings, but am not getting the results I want.

Is there an easy way to do this, or a work-around? Again, I want the have each piece be its own separate entity, without being affected by the previous piece's key and time signatures, and not affecting the following piece's key and time signatures.

Your assistance is much appreciated!

KJ_Palmer
Sibelius Version: 6.2, 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by KJ_Palmer » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:18 am

If you search in the Sibelius Reference guide for movements you'll get the steps needed for setting up several movements, songs or pieces. What exactly isn't it doing what you need?
Sibelius 6.2, 7.5.1, Windows 11