How to add Accelerando bars?

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
NOTAHIPPO4
Sibelius Version: 8 Trial
Operating System: Mac

Post by NOTAHIPPO4 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:31 pm

How do I add accelerando bars? Not accelerando LINES, but BARS(convergent), the ones found in keypad 2. I keep clicking on it but nothing happens. I select a note and click the button and stil, nothing happens.

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:13 pm

I guess you actually mean feathered beam accellerandos, as they are found on the third keypad, not the second (on Sib 7.13).

If so, enter the notes in the time value of the shortest notes. Then select the 3rd keypad, click on the icon on the on screen keypad or press 0 in a real keypad.

So if you enter a group of semiquavers (16ths) and click on the feathered beam icon, you get the appropriate appearance for an accellerando.

NOTAHIPPO4
Sibelius Version: 8 Trial
Operating System: Mac

Post by NOTAHIPPO4 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:25 am

andyg wrote:I guess you actually mean feathered beam accellerandos, as they are found on the third keypad, not the second (on Sib 7.13).

If so, enter the notes in the time value of the shortest notes. Then select the 3rd keypad, click on the icon on the on screen keypad or press 0 in a real keypad.

So if you enter a group of semiquavers (16ths) and click on the feathered beam icon, you get the appropriate appearance for an accellerando.

Thank you sooooo much!!! This really helped!