Pre-Staff Music: Hiding Staves/preserving stem directions

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
VictoriaGee
Sibelius Version: 2018.1
Operating System: Windows

Post by VictoriaGee » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:59 pm

Greetings all,
My first project in Sibelius is composing pre-staff music for piano students. I am loving working on this program so far. However, I am running into problems with basic needs for pre-staff. For example, if I go to Hide All Instruments, the staff nicely disappears, but I also do not want a treble and bass clef showing. When I managed to delete the treble clef, all was well, but when I went to delete the bass clef and turn it to no clef, all the stems reversed position (they went from pointing down to pointing up) and all the note positions changed as well (I assume Sibelius was converting the bass notes to treble).

Maybe I am approaching this the wrong way. What I want is to be able to show L.H. notes (stems down) and R.H. notes (stems up) with no staff.
Here is a public sample page on Sheet Music Plus of the kind of thing I need to produce. Please look at it if you are willing as it will probably be clearer than my description :lol: ( I don't necessarily need the letter name of the note to appear in the notehead as pictured, but I'd also like to know if that is possible).

https://d29ci68ykuu27r.cloudfront.net/i ... page_0.png

I would think the many books of prereading must use Sibelius or something similar so there must be a way. I would greatly appreciate any guidance or links or video to produce this format. I have many compositions on this level ahead and I can't wait! :D

All the best,
VG

bobp

Post by bobp » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:30 pm

Select the first bar of you score, both staves. Then type CTRL+SHIFT+L to open the Inspector. Uncheck what you don't want to see. If there are things you don't want to see in more measures, then you can select the whole score.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop