Time code

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
Pierre
Sibelius Version: Ultimate 2022.10
Operating System: Mac

Post by Pierre » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:16 pm

Hi you all

New to Sibelius. Everything is going great. Work flow is just awesome.

My question is not very important but couldn't find a way to resolve it. I'm working with video. Hits point and the rest works very well. I checked the box for the duration to show at the end of the main score, that's ok, but the duration is also showing at the end of each part.

Is there a way for the duration not showing at the end of each part ? I tried hiding the duration in the parts but it doesn't highlight. Couldn't find a sub menu to change that. I mean it's no big deal, but ideally I wouldn't put the full duration in each part.

Thanks
Best regards
Pierre
Sibelius ultimate 2022.10 - Mac 13.01
pierrejulien.net

bobp

Post by bobp » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:55 pm

By "each part", do you mean sections between hit points? At each hit point, the full duration of the video or score is shown?
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

Pierre

Post by Pierre » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:10 am

bobp wrote:By "each part", do you mean sections between hit points? At each hit point, the full duration of the video or score is shown?
Hi Bob thanks for the reply. No, by part I mean every separate instrument part. On the last measure of each of the 10 player's individual instrument part, the full duration of the video is shown, as in the main score.

Like I said, it's no big deal. But ideally, I wouldn't show the full duration of the video at the end of each instrument part. For me and the music director it's useful, but the players don't need it.
Best regards
Pierre
pierrejulien.net

bobp

Post by bobp » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:08 pm

I couldn't find anything,either. Though that doesn't mean it's not there. Do you really need it at the end of the score?
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

Pierre

Post by Pierre » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:31 pm

bobp wrote:I couldn't find anything,either. Though that doesn't mean it's not there. Do you really need it at the end of the score?
Yeah you're right Bob, I'm asking myself the same question. It's really not that important to have the full duration at the end. As long as the hit points are at the right place and everybody finishes together at the end of the movies, having the duration at the end won't change anything. I'll check the reference guide more thoroughly to see if I missed something. But I think I'll set it so it doesn't show.

Anyway thanks for having taken the time to look it up.

Best of all.
Best regards
Pierre
pierrejulien.net