New computer activation - Windows 11!

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
jannablomquist
Sibelius Version: 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by jannablomquist » Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:49 pm

Hello,
I am trying to activate an older version of Sibelius 7.5 on my new computer which uses Windows 11. Older computer was Windows 10 and I have deactivated the program from that machine. I am trying manual activation as instructed for older versions and get as far as "Launch Avid Application Manager". I am unfamiliar with an Avid Application Manager and don't know how to proceed. I'm stuck and have been trying different paths AND to reach customer service for 3 weeeks now. Can't BELIEVE you have to pay to phone support or even start a case! :( Can someone please help? Janna

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:48 am

It's not been possible to automatically activate older versions of Sibelius for many years.

Here are the instructions: https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/artic ... popup=true

Nothing to do with Application Manager.

You don't have to pay for support for activation/licensing issues. You can raise a case directly with Avid for that.

If in trouble, you could always email Ingrid Guce at Avid. You'll find her email address many times on the official Sibelius chat pages, rather than this old, unofficial site. She was most helpful when I had issues with activating 7.1.3.

jannablomquist

Post by jannablomquist » Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:29 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. How do I know which is the "official" Sibelius site? This forum was on the Avid site.
I know I can't automatically activate anymore - I have been trying to do an "offline" manual activation. I have followed the pathway you cited many times but now will try the "Not Now" option when I get to that glitch! Janna

jannablomquist

Post by jannablomquist » Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:57 pm

Again - thank you, Andy. Activation was successful. 7.5.1 won't run on Windows 11, unfortunately. I'm still going to have to upgrade!

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:07 am

I have 7.5.1 running perfectly happily on my win 11 laptop. Make sure you follow the instructions absolutely to the letter.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2024.3.1, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 4, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:39 am

Win 11 will run older versions perfectly. Check what you have done. And make sure that things like audio drivers are up to date. DO NOT just take Windows' word for it - go to the manufacturer's website and update them from there! And if you're using Sibelius Sounds, make sure that you've downloaded, unzipped and installed everything! Just one missing file from that package will prevent Sibelius from using the Sounds.

Official chat page: http://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpcen ... ?groupid=3

This site was the home for users of cracked copies in years gone by. Now it's almost dead, with just 3 of us still here answering. We've all threatened to quit, but somehow haven't! :D