Exercices

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
Peter123

Post by Peter123 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:25 pm

Hi there!

I'm trying to make some sheets with short singing-exercices, what could be the best way of doing this?

I therefore need separate lines of music, not one continous.

Eg.:

Exercice 1. (4 bars, 1 staff)

Exercice 2. (3 bars, 1 staff)

Exercice 3. (5 bars, 1 staff)

hope I made it clear.

thanks,

Peter

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:21 pm

I think what you want to do has been answered in the post just below this one - see 'Right Justification'. Putting a gap between the bars can force a 'new' start on the next line. If you need to change clef, key or time signatures, you can suppress the cautionaries that will appear at the end of the preceding lines by unchecking the 'Allow Cautionaries' boxes when you create the new ones. p155 in the Sib 4 Reference guide explains this last point for Time Signatures.

Andy G

Zapruder

Post by Zapruder » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:18 pm

Actually, you don't have to fiddle around with "gaps".
Simply separating the exercises by a System Break (Select last barline and hit Enter) does the trick.

- Andyg is right when it comes to the cautionary time signatures.
- New Cautionary Key Signatures though, should be hidden (Select TS and type Ctrl+Shift+H)
- A hidden cautionary Key Signature sometimes leaves a gap at the last bar. Simply select that last bar and hit Ctrl+Shift+R (= Reset Note Spacing).
- Also, you'll have to put a Final Barline on each last barline of an exercise (if you already created it before doing the System Break, chances are that it will disappear).

Zap
# I am NOT a "Professional Sibelius Trainer"
# Please state the Chapter(s) of the Sibelius User Guide you already searched in order to solve your problem.
# Remember that this is not an official Sibelius website.

Sebasian

Post by Sebasian » Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:27 pm

Yes, you don't need to create any 'gaps' if you have each exercise on a separate line. But you might need to make the lines shorter than the whole width of the page, so I'll just repeat what was said about this in the post about right justification:

If you just need a piece to be shorter than the normal width of the page, click just past the right end of a stave until you see a tiny square. Drag that to the left with the mouse and the system will shrink to the size you want. The little square is about level with the middle of the stave, but is sometimes hard to click on.

Peter123

Post by Peter123 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:06 am

Hey, guys, thanks a lot to you all, that seems to be exactly the info I needed...!

I was secretly hoping that there was some sort of worksheet template hidden in Sib3, but it turns out that - for that - I need to change to Sib4:

http://www.sibelius.com/products/sibeli ... sheet.html

(whitch I'm most likely not going t o do for € 799,= :oops:)

Has anybody already got Sib4?

Thanks again!!

Peter

King

Post by King » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:04 am

I have Sib4. I was put off by the price as well, but I hunted around hte local shops and I got it at US$400 rather than US$600-700 that various other shops (Including Julliard Book Store) were offering...

Peter123

Post by Peter123 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:41 am

And... is it really much better than Sib3 for a medium user?