Weird sounds on GPO Playback

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
JimmyJOL

Post by JimmyJOL » Thu May 11, 2006 2:49 pm

Hello:

I have Sib. 4 installed on 2 separate computers. The computer in my office is an off-the-shelf PC with XP Pro and is used for all normal computing needs. It is a back-up for Sibelius or for quick notes of musical ideas I might have. The one in my Studio is a custom DAW PC (64 bit, dual core, XP Pro) and is used only for music. I have installed GPO for Sibelius (with Kontact Gold) on both as well.

The office computer plays my scores with the correct sounds though sometimes it can't handle all the intstruments in an orchestral piece simultaneously. No problem as it's just a back up anyway.

The DAW computer will not play the correct sounds no matter what I try. It always plays weird percussion like combinations of instruments. It is playing the score but with very strange sounds. When I open a file it appears to load all the instruments correctly but on playback it is just a weird set of sounds. I have uninstalled and reinstalled GPO and the Kontact silver/Gold, turned on and off the Program changes in Sibelius, reset the sounds and looked through the manual several times with no success. When I check the Sib. mixer it often has the percussion instruments loaded but when I change this it still has all these strange sounds. I don't know what to try next. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

Jimmy

dspreadbury

Post by dspreadbury » Fri May 12, 2006 8:03 am

It sounds like it's simply loading the wrong sounds, Jimmy. I suggest you drop technical support a line via email and ask them to help you troubleshoot this further.