Problem with extracting of parts.

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
Laubandel

Post by Laubandel » Wed May 17, 2006 2:40 pm

Hi all,

a new score I finished causes problems when I want to extract parts, i.e. it shuts down immediately (only sibelius, not windows) as soon as they are shown on the screen (when I chose from the menu show extracted parts). The typical WinXP error message pops up with the words "sibelius has encountered a problem and must be shut down etc.blabla".
Other scores don't show this problem. The only speciality abot this one is that it has a double title page in order to put a preface on p. 2 and start on a recto page. It's not particularly complex, only multiple divided strings, 176 pages long.
What can be the cause of this and how can I modify the score to get the extraction function running?

I can extract the parts and save them to a folder without displaying them. However, if I open them then, sibelius crashes immideately.

Thanks in advance

Best

Martin

dspreadbury

Post by dspreadbury » Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:58 am

I believe you have already had a solution provided to you for this problem on the proper Sibelius forum at www.sibelius.com/helpcenter. If not, I suggest you contact technical help directly for further assistance.