CD/DVD Courses/Books

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
JimmyJOL

Post by JimmyJOL » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:22 pm

Hello:

Does anyone know of courses or books that go in depth into using Sibelius? The only things I know of are the manual and the video tutorials. I would think there has to be more than that available. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jimmy

dspreadbury

Post by dspreadbury » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:19 am

We run training courses of various kinds. Check out our web site for details.

JimmyJOL

Post by JimmyJOL » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:29 pm

dspreadbury wrote:We run training courses of various kinds. Check out our web site for details.
Thanks for you reply. I've already checked out the web site. Not much available as far as I can see. One four day course in Seattle, that's it. I'm in Las Vegas. Other than the manual and tutorial videos that come with the program, there are no CD's, no books... nothing. Is there more that I missed?

Be well,

Jimmy

dspreadbury

Post by dspreadbury » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:04 am

The documentation and tutorial videos that come with Sibelius are generally very highly-regarded, and perhaps as a result of this, there have to date been no third-party books published about Sibelius.

Why don't you go over to the official chat page at www.sibelius.com/helpcenter and talk to the very active community of users there? Whatever problems you're having, they (and I) will be able to help you find your way through it.

You may also find other Sibelius users there, based in Las Vegas, who would be willing and able to help you in person.

JimmyJOL

Post by JimmyJOL » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:33 pm

dpspreadbury:

Thanks again for your advice and the continual promotion of the Sibelius site. I have no problem with the materials that come with the program.

As you probably are aware, everyone learns differently. I am the type of learner who likes to use as many different resources and points of view as possible when studying. This has always been helpful for me in broadening and deepening my understanding of any subject. I have had the good fortune to study several areas in great depth over the years and have found that this is the way I learn best.

I will continue to use the excellent manual and videos from Sibelius as well as the community there. However, I wanted to know whether there were other material available as well. I thought it would be more appropriate to post that question here rather than on the "official" Sibelius site. At this point, it seems clear that there are no such materials extant. That was my question.

Be well,

Jimmy

dspreadbury

Post by dspreadbury » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:59 am

I'm sure that, in the future, there will be third-party resources available for Sibelius; it is an extremely popular program, and as such it's just a matter of time before a publisher decides to commission a book about it.

Until then, I wish you every success in learning the software using the materials available, and if I can help you in some specific way, please don't hesitate to let me know.