Chord diagrams

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
Jannik

Post by Jannik » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:06 pm

Hey
Is it possible to create a page with only chord diagrams ? I meen so they are not atached to a system.

And is it possible to make sibelius whrite fingering below the chord diagram...

Sebasian

Post by Sebasian » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:01 am

Jannik wrote:Is it possible to create a page with only chord diagrams ?.
You can select the stave and choose "No Lines Hidden" from the Staves pane of the Properties Window. In earlier versions use Create> [Other] > Staff Type Change ....
is it possible to make sibelius whrite fingering below the chord diagram...
You can edit the position of any text style, including Fingering, using House Styles > Default Positions > Text Styles. You can place the fingering where you want it, and if you hide the stave (as above) you set the default position to be where the stave used to be - so it will under the chord diagrams.

Jannik

Post by Jannik » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:16 pm

Hi... thanx it works... almost...

How would u input the fingering? now I right click --> Text -->Other staff text --> Fingering... for each number under a diagram... Is it not possible to make sibelius do it at a default when I for example want a open C major chord..

Another thing... how do I change the font to Arial when choosing to show the Chord name above the diagram? It is still Times new roman...

Thanx,
Jannik

dspreadbury

Post by dspreadbury » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:54 am

If you're using Sibelius 4, you can add fingering numbers directly to the chord diagrams themselves -- see 'Chord diagrams' in Help > Sibelius Reference.