cutting and pasting more than 1 measure at a time

Discussion of converting to Sibelius from Finale.
MrLeahey66

Post by MrLeahey66 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:45 am

Hello,
Former Finale user, upgrading to Sibelius. Seems like a lot of people here doing the same thing! I still haven't figured out how to mass move, as in copying more than one measure and pasting it somewhere else in the score. Is there a highlight shortcut? I don't have a number pad on my computer keyboard, and haven't bought a midi keyboard yet, which will probably solve a lot of my transcription problems. Until then, are there any other computer keyboard shortcuts to facilitate writing that doesn't involve clicking on the keypad icon over and over? Also, is there a tuplet shortcut I don't know about? Thanks everyone for taking the time to read this rant. :)

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:26 am

OK, here are a couple of things. Mass Move? Select first measure/note, shift click on last measure/note, then alt-click on destination?

How about simply entering a note, selecting it and pressing Ctrl-3 to start a triplet?

There are other ways of doing these things, have a read through the manual, look at the tutorial blogs/videos etc and you'll soon pick things up. Best advice? Try to forget how Finale works whe using Sib, as Sib is different. Never expect two pieces of software to work the same! :D

BTW, I'd definitely get a numeric keypad (or a second USB keyboard that has one). I get driven nuts when I have to use a laptop that doesn't have one.