Keyboard Shortcuts

Discussion of converting to Sibelius from Finale.
francois_harel
Sibelius Version: 2018.4.1

Post by francois_harel » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:47 am

Yes, I bought it and received it. S7 seems to be very good !!!
Is there a 'package' of Keyboard Shortcuts that I can use in S7 to run like my old Finale 2011 ?
Francois, Montreal
Francois Harel, Montreal, Canada
iMac i5 High Sierra with 12Gb of ram
Sibelius 2018.4.1 Using EWQLSO Plat+ / EWQLSC on PLAY 6

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:47 am

Not that I'm aware of.

Do be wary of trying to make Sib run too much like Finale, ultimately it's probably going to be a waste of your time and usually results in much frustration. Take the time to scale the learning curve and work out what Sib does in its own ways to help the work flow.

Of course you can, and perhaps should, do some customisation of keyboard shortcuts for your most often used things, but you'll find that Sib has a lot of things covered. Wholesale changes are seldom needed.

francois_harel
Sibelius Version: 2018.4.1

Post by francois_harel » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:05 pm

Thank you Mr Andyg,
I am a Finale guys since many years. I am still waiting to F2012. But I recently bought S7 via the crossgrade opportunity. As Notator progress, they look like similar and different in the same time. S7 is obviously a mature notator with a lot of functionality. The bottle neck for me is the note entries ... so I actually read the user manual, trying to acquire speed and ease in this way. As I probably continue to use both software, surely few custom keyboard shortcut in S7 will be helpful for me.
Francois, Montreal
Francois Harel, Montreal, Canada
iMac i5 High Sierra with 12Gb of ram
Sibelius 2018.4.1 Using EWQLSO Plat+ / EWQLSC on PLAY 6

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:59 pm

Note entry is one of the main reasons I switched to Sibelius years ago. I still have Finale 2010 (just in case I need it) but it doesn't get used.

I don't think you'll need too many shortcuts for this part of the programme, but, as I said, some shortcuts will help.

QingLing88

Post by QingLing88 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:08 am

How did you get to be this good? Its amazing to see someone put so much passion into a subject. I'm glad I came across this. I'm glad I took the time to read on past the first paragraph. You have got so much to say so much to offer. I hope people realise this and look into your page.

Ahh Bra