Tempo Display and Playback Problems

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
justaniceguy
Sibelius Version: 2019.5
Operating System: Mac

Post by justaniceguy » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:26 am

Hi All,

I have scoured the internet and the manual and some online forums and videos with no success. Attaching file to show you. I want bar one to playback at 103bpm. Then at bar 27 I want the tempo to play back at 130 bpm. There will be at least one more tempo change ahead as I write. I'm inserting tempo change by hitting CMD-ALT-T as everybody says to do. In past successful compositions, I just paste in "quarter note equals 103" - I do this because otherwise it just shows a Q instead of a quarter note. I know you can right click and bring up a list.. but it just has gibberish in there. (see image) I have a feeling the gibberish is because my font is the Jazz font. But I like how it displays. Please say I don't have to go back to the default sibelius fonts I don't like them..

Also I have tried putting in a space before the equals sign, and tried it without a space. Either way, after all that it doesn't show any tempo marking at all. Neither does it play back. Just disappears. Very frustrating. Can anyone help shed some light on this? Many thanks in advance.

Attaching file for you to try. Oh wait this site does not allow SIB attachments anymore. Huh? Okay I made it a zip file. Please help!!

Thanks all.
Attachments
ArianaGrandeMedley.sib.zip
(236.94 KiB) Downloaded 294 times
Screenshot 2015-07-30 00.16.31.png
Screenshot 2015-07-30 00.16.31.png (149.63 KiB) Viewed 3378 times

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:26 pm

Could be the usual Mac issue with fonts?

How about going back to the correct fonts, inputting the tempo changes and checking that they work OK. Then hide them, change to your Jazz font, re input the changes over the top, select the one in Jazz font and uncheck 'Play on Pass' so they have no effect.

You 'scoured the internet'? Did you not come up with the official Sibelius chat pages? You'd have got the answer there, if it hasn't already been answered!