Playback Locators....

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
TimSharp
Sibelius Version: 7.1
Operating System: Mac

Post by TimSharp » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:41 am

Hi All!

Is it possible to set playback from rehearsal marks i.e A section, B section etc?

i would love to be able to locate the playback from sections within my score instead of using the forward/rewind to locate.

thanks in advance
Tim

KJ_Palmer
Sibelius Version: 6.2, 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by KJ_Palmer » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:41 am

There is a plugin that allows you to navigate to Rehearsal Marks, amongst other things. Not sure if it's supplied with the official install (probably not but can't check right now), but in any case you can download it from the Sibelius Plugins page - called Go To under Category Navigation:

http://www.sibelius.com/download/plugin ... ategory=14

Hope it does what you want, haven't tried it myself (yet).

Not sure what version you're using (7.1?) but in Sibelius 7.5, there is a built-in 'TimeLine' feature that shows a graphical display of so-called landmarks, including rehearsal marks, which you can navigate to by clicking. Don't like it much myself personally.
Sibelius 6.2, 7.5.1, Windows 11

bobp

Post by bobp » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:20 pm

I haven't found a use for the timeline. I just scroll to where I want to start. I think the only time I use rewind/forward is to go quickly to the beginning.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

TimSharp

Post by TimSharp » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:58 pm

thanks for the help guys,

yeah im using 7.1 on a mac. I tried the download link and it appears to be a windows file as its a zip then a .plg file which my mac didnt know what to do with.

do you know of a mac version?

KJ_Palmer
Sibelius Version: 6.2, 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by KJ_Palmer » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:37 pm

The plugin should work equally well on a Mac as Windows.

If you've managed to extract the .plg fie then you need to quit Sibelius, copy/move the file to a folder (e.g. called Navigation) as per the the instructions for downloading, extracting and installing plugins, here: http://www.sibelius.com/download/plugin ... lp=install

When you restart Sibelius you should be able to find Go To in the Home > Plugins > Navigation section
Sibelius 6.2, 7.5.1, Windows 11

TimSharp

Post by TimSharp » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:35 am

Thanks KJ

It works, albeit quite clumsily, i thought it wouldve been an intergrated feature, but thanks for all your help any way.

Tim

TimSharp

Post by TimSharp » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:10 am

i have discovered that you can click on a barline and press 'p' and it will play from there. Bloody useful!!

just thought id share (if ya didnt know already)