Eighth Note Triplet Problem.

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
sus4

Post by sus4 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:57 pm

When I write an eighth note triplet with the middle eighth note left out I get a straight line down and an eighth rest in place of the middle eighth note. I've gone back and highlighted that line and am able to drag the line up and hide it. This works, but is very time consuming especially when you have a lot of eighth note triplets.
Is there a way of not getting that line in place of the middle eighth note?

Thanks.

bobp

Post by bobp » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:57 am

I am unable to replicate this. How are you creating triplets?
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

sus4

Post by sus4 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:49 pm

I choose a measure where I want the notes. I choose an eighth note from the keypad and put it in the measure. I highlight the note, press COMM + 3 and the triplet bracket comes on over the note. I then put another eighth note where the 3rd eighth note would go. I end up with an eighth note, an eighth rest and another eighth to complete the triplet. It looks fine except over the eighth rest there is a line coming down as if there was another eighth note, There technically shouldn't be a line coming down over the rest. So, I'm able to click on the bottom of the line and a little square appears which you can grab and drag up to the bracket and hide it. When you're putting in a lot of eighth note triplets, fixing this is time consuming. Hope this explains it.

And now I just check the parts to be printed out....all the editing with "those" eighth with the line coming down in my score and I saved them, well they were not saved in the parts. Either I'm doing something wrong or not. So, I either have to redo all the parts and correct the triplets, which is more time consuming, or just leave it alone. I think something is not right.

stevenedis
Sibelius Version: 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by stevenedis » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:59 pm

Engraving RUles>Beams and Stems>Beamed rest checkboxes (bottom left). PLay with those and you should get the behaviour you want.

bobp

Post by bobp » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:51 pm

Here is the default page.
Attachments
Default.jpg
Default.jpg (218 KiB) Viewed 5606 times
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

sus4

Post by sus4 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:49 pm

I think there was a glitch in the program, don't know why. I opened another version I have and it worked fine. No problem with the eighth notes and no vertical line.
Thanks for your responses.