Margins problems when printed [solved]

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Popolani

Post by Popolani » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:37 pm

Hi,
I can't have a match between the margins I specified in the Document layout menu and the printed pages.
2 examples : 1) my margins are set to 15 mm and they are 20 mm on my printed sheet. 2) The rulers on my screen indicate 17.9 mm between the last staff and the bottom of the page and in fact it is 37 mm on my printed sheet. Of course this affects the layout and I could have more staves on my page if everything was accurate.
Could you help me to find if I am missing something ? Thanks.
Last edited by Popolani on Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sibelius 5 PowerBook G4 OS 10.4.10

Sebasian

Post by Sebasian » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:45 pm

Popolani wrote:I can't have a match between the margins I specified in the Document layout menu and the printed pages.
A lot depends on the printer's accuracy and Printer settings. If you are working on A4 and your printer is set to Letter, for instance, there will be a mismatch. In most cases you have to set the printer separately from the Print Dialog in Sibelius.

Popolani

Post by Popolani » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:27 pm

Thank you for your answer. The paper size selected in the Page setup menu (File menu) is A4 so it should be all right. The page is printed as if there was a scale factor somewhere, the text and staves seem quite small. However the scale is 100 %.

Popolani

Post by Popolani » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:11 pm

My mistake ! The page setup dialog was set to us letter. Now everything is fine with the right paper size selected.

appreciatethehelp
Sibelius Version: 6.1.0
Operating System: Mac

Post by appreciatethehelp » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:51 am

Please check out the thread "Margins problems when printed [solved] .

The issue I am having is identical to the one described in the aforementioned thread.
I am simply posting a new thread due to the other relevant one being marked as "[solved]".

The difference between my situation and the one of the user who posted the original thread is that, whilst he had his paper settings set to "U.S letter size", I checked my printer settings through File > Page Setup and found that the paper size is indeed set to A4, however I am still having problems.

I have also looked through my printer settings (outside of Sibelius) and everything looks to be in order...

What now?