hiding a notehead

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
dvorak888

Post by dvorak888 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:02 am

Is it possible to hide a notehead, but have the attached stem and beam remain visible?

Jeremy Hughes

Post by Jeremy Hughes » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:16 am

Hi there

Not by using 'Hide'.

But you can use a notehead style that has no notehead symbol, and so is the equivalent of hiding just the notehead.

The default style that does that is number seven.

Hope that helps

Jeremy
music editor/engraver
iMac Intel 2GHz 2GB | OS X Version 10.6.5 Snow Leopard | Sibelius 6.2

dvorak888

Post by dvorak888 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:55 am

Hi Jeremy, I think i found what you're talking about at House Style>Edit Noteheads> 7 (headless)....Now, I feel stupid asking this next question because it's probably very simple and obvious but, how exactly do I select this "style" to use in my score. I tried simply clicking on #7 and it just highlights it, I double click, and it brings up the edit page. I click "ok" on the edit page and it brings me back to where I was before. I click the "close" button and the window closes, but I still have my original style, not the headless one. There is no "apply" or "ok" button on the "edit noteheads" window that I can find that changes the style from the one I'm currently using to the new "headless" one. I just read through this section in the sibelius reference and it says when your done "click OK followed by OK again to close the Edit Noteheds dialog." But there is no "OK" button in the "edit noteheads" dialog....just "edit," "new," "delete," and "close." What am I doing wrong?

Jeremy Hughes

Post by Jeremy Hughes » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:03 am

Hi

You don't need the Edit Noteheads... dialog unless you want to change the properties of a notehead.

Select a notehead or make a multiple selection of several.
Now use the shortcut alt-7 to change them from the default (style 0) to the invisible style (7).

(Or you can open the Properties window and expand the Notes pane to see a drop-down list of notehead styles, where you can do the same thing using the mouse.)

Hope that helps

J
music editor/engraver
iMac Intel 2GHz 2GB | OS X Version 10.6.5 Snow Leopard | Sibelius 6.2

dvorak888

Post by dvorak888 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:56 am

Thanks for the help!