ASIO Setup Problem

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
martella

Post by martella » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:12 pm

In order to get the best setup within my budget range, I have
[list=]an audio quad core pc running Windows 7
Sibelius 7
Pro Tools MP9
Fast Track Pro audio interface[/list]

I have obviously set up the system incorrectly as I am unable to use ASIO drivers. When I try to select ASIO in Sibelius 7 I get a message that "The ASIO sample rate is not supported by one of the USB interfaces! Please check your sync settings in the Control Panel".

I've done everything recommended in the Fast Track Pro user guide but still a problem.

I can use the Microsoft GS Wavetable sounds OK, but the Sibelius sounds have crackles and pops.

I have a Realtek onboard soundcard.

Any thoughts or advice on which settings I should use?

dufi85

Post by dufi85 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:17 pm

I had the same problem when I used M-Audio Fast Track ( the cheapest model ) . It disappeared when I purchased Motu UltraLite MK3 Hybrid . Have you tried to disable Realtek . Maybe it is a conflict between the 2 soundcards .

bobp

Post by bobp » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:20 am

I know this is an old post, and there is not quite enough information, but for others finding this thread here are some things to think about.

1. The specs for Sibelius 7 call for a minimum of 4 gb of ram. The truth is if you want to run full Sibelius sounds, you need a minimum of 8gb.

B. While you don't need ASIO drivers to run Sibelius, you do need to set up options properly. Direct Sound should work. WASAPI is even better, but other software may not work. Which is also the problem with ASIO.

Bob
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:44 am

You can disable the Realtek safely if you're not using it for anything else.

Make sure you have the latest audio card drivers correctly installed.

4GB will suffice but you'd be best off with 8GB - or use the Lite soundset.