Sibelius 7 Music Notation Essentials

Sibelius beginners can discuss all things Sibelius here ("how do I...?").
Forum Admin
Site Admin

Post by Forum Admin » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:38 pm

Every Sibelius user can benefit from this book. Buy it now!

SIBELIUS 7 MUSIC NOTATION ESSENTIALS provides the most thorough introduction available to the fundamental operations of Sibelius 7 and lays the foundation for continuing studies at the more advanced levels. This book is built around five hands-on projects, including an introduction to the Sibelius 7 interface and basic editing operations; setting up a score and entering notes; importing MIDI, MusicXML, lyrics, and more; creating a worksheet; and scoring video. The learning method is tutorial-based, step-by-step, and visually compelling; the projects in the book are fully integrated with the accompanying tutorial videos and include many helpful screenshots and diagrams. On the companion website are 31 tutorial videos in which the author steps you through every key skill learned in each lesson. In addition, the accompanying CD provides you with all of the resources you need to complete the course in Sibelius, plus five extension projects. SIBELIUS 7 MUSIC NOTATION ESSENTIALS is the first crucial step in mastering Sibelius 7, the most popular music notation software in use today.

Buy it now!

rodrigo45
Sibelius Version: 6.2
Operating System: Mac

Post by rodrigo45 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:56 am

I'm trying to write in plain chord changes. However, when I write C#min7 b5, for instance, Sibelius insists on writing 5b.
suggestions?

gideonrv
Sibelius Version: 8.4
Operating System: Windows

Post by gideonrv » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:41 pm

I think it's the time for a new book for version 8. A pdf version would be better.

rickiholmes
Sibelius Version: 8
Operating System: Mac

Post by rickiholmes » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:17 pm

I think they should simply throw away 8 and start again. Its absolute crap