How to assign pro instrument range?

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Sibelius-Bob
Sibelius Version: 8.5
Operating System: Mac

Post by Sibelius-Bob » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:28 pm

Sibliues 7 (Mac)

When I select click > Home > Instruments > the edit instruments dialog pops up. I choose the instrument I want to edit.
The edit and click "edit instrument..." another dialog pops up. On the top right of this dialog is the "range" settings.
2 settings appear here. The top selections shows "comfortable" range. The bottom setting shows "professional" range.

How to I get Sibelius 7 to display the "professional" range in my score instead of the default "comfortable" range.
I would think there would be some sort of tick box I could check off to choose between these 2 options but there is no such selection box option. So how do I accomplish this task???
Sibelius 8.5, iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) | i7 4.0GHZ | 32GB Ram | SSD 512HD | 4MB AMD Radeon R9 M395X GPU | OS 10.12.4 (Sierra)

bobp

Post by bobp » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:26 pm

Well, in the Windows version, there is a way to select and change the ranges of instruments. I don't know if this is an installation problem or not.
On the other hand, with the exception of the low strings on stringed instruments, you are not bound by said ranges. They are not always accurate, anyway. Out of range notes are red in your working score, but not in what you would print out. I think those ranges are there only as a courtesy to composers that may not be properly familiar with the instruments they are working with. I don't always remember bari sax ranges.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

Ben15243
Sibelius Version: 7
Operating System: Mac

Post by Ben15243 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:16 pm

Just for anyone reading this in the future:
Go to instruments in the home tab, and click the arrow to expand. Select the instrument, edit it or make a new one, then edit. A number of variables come up, including the range.